What is FLITE (First in Leadership, Innovation, Technology & Engineering)?
- FLITE is a week long summer opportunity for middle and high school students to engage in a hands on science and technology project of their choosing alongside an industry mentor or graduate student in that field
- FLITE is an opportunity for motivated students to explore the options available to them in science, technology, and engineering
- FLITE is an opportunity to get to know industry professionals that can help guide decisions through high school and beyond.
- This year's topics include Aspire Computer Programming through Game Design and 3 different Tech That Helps topics: Tech That Helps People, Tech That Helps the Community, and Tech That Helps the Environment
Who should participate?
- Do you like building things and working with your hands?
- Do you like finding out how things work?
- Do you like solving problems and thinking through challenges?
- Do you like playing with gadgets, devices, and cool toys?
- Are you interested in careers that help others through technology and innovation?
- Do you like making new friendships that could continue throughout your middle & high school years?
If you answered yes to any of these then FLITE is for you!
When and Where is FLITE?
- July 8-12, 2013
- 9:00am to 4:00pm
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
What does FLITE cost?
- The cost for the 5-day 2013 FLITE day camp is $350.
UCCS Center for STEM Education
CSTEME is an organization at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs that connects students, parents, teachers, and professionals through hands-on STEM workshops, camps, and competitions.