What is FLITE (First in Leadership, Innovation, Technology & Engineering)?
- FLITE is a week long summer opportunity for middle and high school students to engage in a hands on science and technology project of their choosing alongside an industry mentor or graduate student in that field
- FLITE is an opportunity for motivated students to explore the options available to them in science, technology, and engineering
- FLITE is an opportunity to get to know industry professionals that can help guide decisions through high school and beyond.
- This year's topics include Aspire Computer Programming through Game Design and 3 different Tech That Helps topics: Tech That Helps People, Tech That Helps the Community, and Tech That Helps the Environment
Who should participate?
- Do you like building things and working with your hands?
- Do you like finding out how things work?
- Do you like solving problems and thinking through challenges?
- Do you like playing with gadgets, devices, and cool toys?
- Are you interested in careers that help others through technology and innovation?
- Do you like making new friendships that could continue throughout your middle & high school years?
If you answered yes to any of these then FLITE is for you!
When and Where is FLITE?
- July 8-12, 2013
- 9:00am to 4:00pm
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
What does FLITE cost?
- The cost for the 5-day 2013 FLITE day camp is $350.
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
Science and Engineering Building
UCCS Center for STEM Education
CSTEME is an organization at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs that connects students, parents, teachers, and professionals through hands-on STEM workshops, camps, and competitions.