2013 Fall 4-H Enrollment Training - Southeast
Monday, November 18, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (CST)
Baton Rouge, LA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please make sure that individual(s) in your office actually doing the enrollment entry, reports and labels attends the training. If the secretary does the majority of the enrollment, please make arrangements for them to be able to attend. All participants MUST arrive ready for training. This means making sure that your computer meets the requirements listed below and that you have practiced/tested opening your computer and logging in to the system on a wireless network. Please make sure to contact your Regional Technology Support person well in advance of the training date if you need assistance with your computer. If you are borrowing a computer, make sure to check it out PRIOR to attending and verify it meets requirements. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of training to have time to get settled. In order to ensure a successful experience for you and fellow students, if you are unable to arrive on time, due to any circumstances, please plan to arrange to attend a different training date as we will not be able to accommodate late arrivals.
You will need to make sure you have the following items: (Please note that you will not be able to participate in the training without meeting ALL of the items below).
- Current AgCenter User ID and Password.
- Verify that you can log into the LSU AgCenter Intranet (http://intranet.lsuagcenter.net) the day before attending training. If you are unable to remember your password you will need to contact the IT Help Desk at 225-578-8534 BEFORE arriving at the training site.
- For trainings being held in Baton Rouge on the LSU campus, you will need to know your current PAWS ID and password. Please make sure to login BOTH 1 week prior and 1 day prior to make sure your password works. Please contact the LSU IT Help Desk at 225-578-3375 if you have issues.
- Up-to-date Laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word and Excel) and Internet Explorer 9 or above. If you do not have access to a laptop, please let me or your support person know. We do have a few loaners.
- Prior to training, make sure you can log into the laptop.
- Make sure you can access a wireless internet connection (unplugged from network).
- Make sure you have the latest windows updates.
- Make sure you can open Internet Explorer and log into https://dynamics.lsuagcenter.net
- Bring a Laptop Power Cord.
- Bring a mouse for the laptop.
- Current Enrollment Cards. Please try to bring cardsfrom both new and returning 4-H members.
If you do not have any enrollment cards for the 2013-2014 school year, please bring some enrollment cards from last year.
- Extension Cord and power strip, if available
If you have an extra extension cord you may want to bring it.
To make sure that everyone is able to learn the important tools they will need to be successful using the system, please plan to observe a few training room rules outlined below.
- No cell phones. All cellphones need to be turned off or on vibrate mode. Only family emergency calls should be answered during training. All other calls should be held until breaks.
- No email, Facebook, Lync/IM or personal websites browsed on laptop. By maintaining focus on what is happening in the training you will make sure not to miss something important.
- Follow along. Even if you are already know what is being taught or feel confident that you understand, please stay with the pace of the class and do all of the hands-on activities. This will ensure that if there are any questions that might come up, errors or issues that you have the opportunity to cover them during training.
- Ask questions. If you need help with something, please ask!
- Be respectful of your fellow students. We all have very busy schedules and limited opportunities to train. Please keep side conversations and distractions to a minimum.
New User Training Agenda
8:30-9 am – Welcome and Setup
9-10 am – Using the system
10-11 am – Enrolling members (includes hands-on enrollment)
11-11:45 – Viewing enrollment and reports/questions
Refresher Training Agenda
12:30-1 – Welcome and Setup
1-2 – Enrollment and reporting review
2-3 – Labels, Advanced Find and Filters
3-3:45 – Questions and hands-on practice