2013 Esri International User Conference Hackathon
Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM - Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Diego, CA
Join Esri and DigitalGlobe to work with San Diego data to build the best app with the greatest technologies at the Esri User Conference Hackathon.
The Esri UC Hackathon will bring data experts, programmers, designers, business development professionals, and technology enthusiasts together to share perspectives and build software solutions designed to improve the San Diego community. Esri will provide APIs/SDKs and DigitalGlobe will provide awesome new imagery so teams can identify opportunities to collaborate and design with ArcGIS using publicly released San Diego data to create location-based projects aimed at solving civic challenges faced San Diego citizens.
Teams will set out to build innovative location-based projects using ArcGIS and DigitalGlobe imagery along with San Diego data aimed at solving San Diego's biggest civic challenges.
Time and Place
Kicking off our Annual UC festivities hackathon teams will meet on-site at the San Diego Convention Center, Ballroom 20A from 1:00pm to 11:00pm Saturday July 6th and 9:00am to 1:00pm Sunday July 7th.
For a team to win Esri prize, submissions must use one or all of the following technologies:
- ArcGIS Online Basemaps and/or GeoServices
- Esri Web and/or Mobile API Technology
- San Diego data
For a team to win the DigitalGlobe Prize, submission must use
ArcGIS Online DigitialGlobe Imagery Service
* Note: Third-party technologies may also be used in conjunction with technologies from the aforementioned list.
Judges will evaluate apps for the following elements:
- Innovation and Creative use of Esri Technology
- User Experience/User Interface
- Potential for Real-World Application
Each team will have an opportunity to present their work, and a panel of judges will review presenting teams to deem which apps get the prizes! Participants must check into the hackathon room and review the rules in order to be eligible for prizes.
1st) DevSummit Seats, EDN Standard (3 max) and $200 (split by team) Spatial Outlet Certificate
2nd) EDN Standard License (3 max) and $200 (split by team) Spatial Outlet Certificate
3rd) $100 Spatial Outlet Certificate
Digital Globe Prize for Best Use of Imagery Service:
High-resolution Poster from Satellite Imagery at Location of Your Choice!
On-Demand Imagery Becomes On-Demand Art!
Saturday July 6, 2013
- 1:00pm Hackathon kickoff. Introduction to technology platforms and San Diego data. Schedule overview, rules, prizes,code samples and demos, and orientation.
- 2:00pm - Hacking begins
- 6:30pm Dinner arrives
- 11:00 End of hackathon first day
Sunday July 7, 2013
- 9:00am Doors open to the hackathon room
- 10:30am – 11:30am Final check-in for projects and developers. Presentation schedule finalized
- 11:30am Presentations begin
- 12:00pm Judging begins
- 1:00pm Winners announced
* After registering here, sign up at HackerLeague so you can create your team and submit your project.
* Registering for this hackathon will give you a hackathon badge. You do not need to be registered for UC to participate in the hackathon. The hackathon badge will allow you to enter the hackathon and does not consistute access to the UC. To attend the UC you will need a UC ticket. If you or your team is not registered for UC, wins an award and is eligible to go on stage, we will make the arrangements to have you on stage Thursday and get you the credentials to get into the UC.