Learning Series Regional Workshop #1: Denver - Northern Colorado
The Colorado Education Initiative, in partnership with the Donnell-Kay Foundation, the Colorado Department of Education, eNetColorado, and the University of Colorado Denver have again partnered to host a 2013 Learning Series, this time to explore, highlight, and document innovative policies and practices in line with Colorado's vision for Expanded Learning Opportunities (ELO).
This year, the event is split into three regional workshops to engage education leaders across Colorado. We invite you to participate in person or via interactive webinar in the first regional workshop on:
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Experts from Generation Schools, Education Elements, and G&D Associates will facilitate interactive sessions that engage participants in:
- Gaining a basic understanding of personalized learning, rethinking time and human capital, and blended learning approaches
- Beginning to analyze how implementation of each of these components could fill gaps or meet needs in their local context
- Identifying first steps they could take to lead their school/district/organization in this direction
Important Note: The first event is open to all interested practitioners. If traveling to this event will be difficult, we encourage you to participate live via webinar or to attend a subsequent regional workshop later this spring. The next two 2013 Learning Series Workshops will take place in eastern and western regions in February and April. Keep watching your email for more information.
Other Important Details:
- A light breakfast & lunch will be provided to participants who attend this event at the Adams 12 Conference Center
- Free parking is made available on site at the Adams 12 Conference Center
- Travel support will be available on a "first-come" basis for participants traveling more than 70 miles each way to attend this event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event to receive the reimbursement details.
- Substitute reimbursement will be available to teachers attending the event, reimbursement forms will be available at the event.
- CDE-Approved Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be available to all participants (In-person and Webinar)
When & Where
The Colorado Education Initiative
The Colorado Education Initiative believes that increased student achievement for all Colorado students requires effective leaders in every school, effective educators in every classroom, and healthy and engaged environments that ignite a passion for learning in every student.