Elizabeth Stampede Media Policy
Hello and welcome to the Elizabeth Stampeded Rodeo! Thank you for your interest in covering our event.
We are excited to announce that the Elizabeth Stampede was named the Small Market Rodeo of the Year in both 2011 and 2012! This is a highly coveted national award voted on by PRCA Contestants, Judges, and Committees and we feel honored to receive it.
For Media Credentials to enter our event, we ask that you follow a few simple procedures to ensure safety for everyone.
- Press passes for acces inside the arena are provided only to PRCA approved photographers. All other media personnel must remain in the spectator area unless escorted by Elizabeth Stampede personnel. Interviews with contestants and Stampede personnel can be arranged in some contestant areas if requested in advance.
- Credential requests should be submitted as early as possible. Media credentials for freelancers not on assignment will be considered on an individual basis.
- All photographs taken are property of the PRCA. Photos may NOT be sold for profit without consent of the PRCA.
Requests for media credentials should be submitted using the form below.
PRCA Media Guidelines
The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) owns the rights to rodeo coverage. Photos may be used for local news publications but may not be sold for profit without prior written consent of the PRCA.
For more information on Media Requirements, visit:
PRCA clothing regulations state that all media personnel and photographers must wear a long-sleeved button-down or western shirt, long pants, boots and a western hat while present in the arena and chute area. This regulation is mandatory with safety as the top priority. In addition, this event is highly photographed for both television and the print media; the clothing requirement also ensures the western flavor of the show.
Please Note: The Friday night bull riding competition is a PRCA Extreme Bulls Event and is sanctioned by the PRCA and will follow PRCA media guidelines.
Deadline: The deadline for applying-registering for media credentials is Wednesday, June 5, midnight.
Please read the following instructions:
- For a schedule of the events, please click here.
- To receive a media pass, please fill out the above media request form. After you have completed the registration, you will receive an email confirmation with a voucher (ticket). Please print the voucher (ticket) and present it (along with a photo ID) to the Ticket Office onsite at the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo. At the Ticket Office you will receive a hanging name badge/media pass. This badge will give you access onto the rodeo grounds in the general spectator area only (not behind the chutes). If you wish an assigned seat in the bleachers, you must purchase a ticket.
- If there is a problem with your registration, you will be contacted by Traci Swisher, Community Relations Committee Chair.
- For additional information, please contact Traci Swisher. Traci can also be reached on her cell phone at (303) 960-1263 prior to the Stampede or during the weekend of the Stampede.
When & Where
Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo
The Elizabeth Stampede started as a local amateur rodeo put on by the Elizabeth Chamber of Commerce in 1952. In 1988, the Stampede went pro with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) and in 1995 the Chamber turned over ownership and operation of the rodeo to the Elizabeth Rodeo Association (ERA).
The Elizabeth Stamepede has also been honored as the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Small Market Rodeo of the Year by the PRCA - a tremendous honor!