2013 Annual Convention
Thursday, November 14, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (PST)
Prefer to register on paper? Download the Registration Form.
Keynote: Robert Reich, Secretary of Labor in Clinton Administration
"Because equal opportunity is a foundation-stone value and it's not just my value, it's America's value. That's what this country is built on. If we don't achieve it or at least don't aspire to it, then what do we have?" -Robert Reich on PBS NewsHour
Opening Plenary: California Foundation CEOs: What Should Philanthropy Be Doing Better?
Fred Ali, President & CEO, Weingart Foundation
Emmett Carson, President & CEO, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Pam David, Executive Director, Walter & Elise Haas Fund
Moderator: Jan Masaoka, CEO, CalNonprofits
- Influencing the State Budget
- Emerging Nonprofit Funding Models
- Ask a Nonprofit Lawyer Anything!
- Secrets of Local Nonprofit Policy Coalition
- Debate: Should nonprofit staff be held to a higher moral and ethical standard than for-profit staff?
- Nonprofits Make History! Meet the History-Makers
- Sneak Peek: The Economic and Social Impact of California's Nonprofit Sector
- Nonprofits Talking Taxes
- Health Care Reform: What Nonprofit Employers Need to Know
When & Where
Jerome E. Horton Chairman, Board of Equalization and The California Association of Nonprofits
The California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofits) is a statewide membership organization that brings nonprofits together to advocate for the communities we serve. Through our lobbyist and policy director in Sacramento, our legislative update webinars, research and briefings, we work to bring the full power of California's nonprofits to strengthening communities. Become a Member to strengthen our collective voice (and take advantage of a number of money saving discounts and programs.)