San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2013 Conference Registration
The Seventh annual 1p36 Deletion Support and Awareness conference is being held in the beautiful city of San Antonio, Texas on Thursday August 1st through Sunday August 4th, 2013. Our family conference is designed for parents, family members, and caregivers. We also encourage physicians, therapists and teachers who want to learn more about 1p36 Deletion Syndrome to attend. It is an excellent time to feel connected, share stories, learn lots of information, and simply enjoy each other’s company!
This year’s conference will take place at the Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk in San Antonio. Please click the link for reservations or they can also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to the group number 2155255. For conference attendees, rooms at the hotel will cost $129.95 for double and triple occupancy plus tax per night and $19.00 for valet parking. You can find less expensive parking rates from independent parking structures within walking distance from the hotel. These room prices are also available for attendees who would like to come early or stay late. Please check with the Hotel for details. Hotel accomodations include:
- FREE HOT QUIKSTART ® Breakfast – At Drury, “hot” fresh pancakes, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and more.
- FREE 5:30 KICKBACK® – From 5:30-7:00 pm each evening, kick back, relax and enjoy a rotating menu of hot foods and cold beverages.
- FREE Free Long Distance - One hour every room every night.
- FREE Wireless Internet Access – High speed Internet in all rooms and the lobby.
- FREE Soda and Popcorn – From 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm every night in the lobby.
Registration rates for the conference are $50 for attendees 12 and older and $30 for attendees age 2-11. Attendees aged 0-1 are free and as always any individual with 1p36 Deletion Syndrome are free. The cost for each attendee will go up by $10 after May 31st and registration closes June 30th.
The registration fee covers:
- Conference attendance and materials
- Pizza party dinner reception and dance on Thursday evening
- Box lunch for attendees age 2 and up on Friday and Saturday
- Conference T-shirt for attendees 2 and up
This year the conference will be starting earlier than in the past. Conference attendees should plan on arriving as early as possible on Thursday August 1st, in time for a all conference activities to be held at Morgan's Wonderland. Morgan's Wonderland is the first ever Ultra-Accessible Family Fun Park in the world. We plan on having all conference activities on Thursday at Morgan's Wonderland, this includes time to explore the park as well as our first speakers and a pizza party with a band and dancing.