Welcome to the 2012 UniPro Summit - Registration Page!
2. The creation of a community that nurtures the individual Pilipino’s passions and aspirations.
3. The flourishing of the global Pilipino community, marked by the significant representation and success of Pilipinos, determined by the realization of our own potential.
UPDATES AS OF 6/1/12: ATTENTION ALL DELEGATES
The 2012 UniPro Summit is one day away! Here are some important information you'll want to keep in mind for tomorrow:
Check-in & On-site registration
- Check-in & on-site registration will take place at the NYU Translational Research Building at 227 E 30th Street, New York, NY 10016 (1st floor conference room) from 7:30-8:30am. *see map below.
- On-site registration is $15/students and $20/non-students (major credit cards accepted!)
- Please bring one form of ID (student ID if applicable)
- *Free breakfast will be included until 8:30am, so get there EARLY! The program will begin promptly at 9am.
*Due to very limited parking, we recommend that you make use of NYC's public transportation system.
- Directions by train: Take the 6 train to 28th Street, or the A C E trains to 34th Street - Penn Station and get the eastbound M34 Bus to 3rd Avenue. You can also take the B D F M N Q R trains to 34th Street - Herald Square and get the eastbound M34 Bus to 3rd Avenue. *see map below.
- One form of ID (student ID if applicable)
- Pocket money for lunch and vendors
- Yourself, dressed in your best business casual!
Online registration may be closed, but it's not too late to tell your friends and family to attend! On-site registration will be available, at $15/students and $20/non-students. Share the Facebook event page for more information!
The official UniPro Summit after-party will be at the Fletcher-Sinclai r Mansion (2 E 75th Street, New York, NY 10075) at 8pm "An Evening in Manila: Spring Edition" benefitting Advancement for Rural Kids (ARK). Register here.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions and concerns.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2012 UniPro Summit!
2012 UniPro Summit Itinerary - June 2 2012
7:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration & Sign In - 1st Floor Seminar Room at the NYU Translational Research Building 227 East 30th Street
- Delegates & Speakers collect their UniPro Summit Folder and Name Tags
- Free light breakfast served until 8:30AM then begin escorting Delegates the Schwartz Building
9:00 – 9:30 AM: Opening Ceremony - Schwartz Auditorium at the NYU School of Medicine 401 East 30th Street
a. Randy Gonzales, Master of Ceremonies
2. US/PI Anthem
3. Welcome Address:
a. Dr. Suzette Briones, Chairperson of UniPro &
b. Bryan Lozano, Executive Director of UniPro
4. Opening Keynote:
a. Tony Meloto, Gawad Kalinga
9:35 – 9:55 AM: Networking Session - Schwartz Auditorium
- Rachelle Ocampo, Associate Director of UniPro
10:00– 11:00 AM: Main Panel – How to Push the “Pilipino Renaissance” - Schwartz Auditorium
- Esperanza Garcia, Ecohope
- Fr. Benigno P. Beltran SVD, Mga Anak ni Inang Daigdig
- Illac Diaz, My Shelter Foundation
- Loida Nicolas Lewis, US Pinoys for Good Governance
- Ninotchka Rosca, AF3IRM
- Tony Olaes, Gawad Kalinga USA
11:10 – 11:55 AM: Workshop Session 1
- Ana Serano, Canadian Film Centre Media Lab
- Alex Lacson, Author of '12 Little Things Every Filipino Can Do To Help Our Country'
- Rich Kiamco, Comedian
- Leah Villanueva, Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs, University of Florida
- Renjie Bulatid, TedxWaterloo
12:05-12:55 PM: Lunch
- Delegates go out for their own lunch- Check out the Program for Top Places to Eat!
1:05-1:35pm Middle Keynote (Q&A Session)
- Jose Antonio Vargas, Define American
1:45 – 2:40 PM: Secondary Panel Session
- Five Panels:
a. Pilipino Renaissance in Health and Medicine: PNA NY- Susan Gador, Kalusugan Coalition- Rhodora Ursua, CACF- Noilyn Abesamis-Mendoza, NYU College of Nursing- Fidel Lim
b. Pilipino Renaissance in Business and Entrepreneurship: ARK- Jerry Topitzer, Maharlika- Nicole Ponseca, Jaycees- Atty. Mia Fulgado, BUSOG.co - Darwin Dion Ignacio, foodcurated.com- Liza de Guia
c. Pilipino Renaissance in Politics, Activism and Civic Engagement: FiRE/ GABRIELA-USA- Jennine Ventura, Anakbayan USA- Yves Nibungco, NaFFAA Region 1- Merit Salud, DAMAYAN, US Medicare Philippines-Eric Lachica
d. Pilipino Renaissance in Education and Storytelling: Sulu Series, Sulu DC- Alex Cena, 'Pacific Rims'- Rafe Bartholomew, TedxWaterloo- Renjie Butalid, University of California- Leezel Ramos, R/GA- Ray Sison
e. Pilipino Renaissance in Arts and Entertainment: BroadwayWorld.com- Oliver Oliveros, Universal Self- Kilusan Bautista, God of Love- Stefanie Walmsley, Music Producer- Illmind, Leviathan Lab- Ariel Estrada
2:50 – 3:15 PM: Entertainment
- Mga Anak ni Inang Daigdig
3:15-3:17 PM: Introduction of Surveys
3:25 – 4:15 PM: Workshop Session 2
- Stefanie Walmsley, Producer of “God of Love”
- Nicole Ponseca, Maharlika
- Rafe Bartholomew, Author of 'Pacific Rims'
- Randy Gener, Co-Director, Filipino Mundo NYC
- Ryan Letada, Next Day Better and Catchafire
- Surveys that will already be placed in each room will be distributed and filled-out
4:25 – 4:30 PM: Collect Surveys
- Collect survey and pick winner of Raffle
4:40 – 5:05 PM: Closing Ceremony
- Rachelle Ocampo, Associate Director of UniPro & Judy Yem, Summit Co-Chair
- Closing Speaker
- Ayesha Veru-Yu, Advancement for Rural Kids (ARK)
3. Closing Remarks
5:05 – 5:40 PM: Networking
- We have the auditorium until 7PM, giving ample opportunity for further networking and promotion of sponsors/tabling for the delegates.
5:40 – 6:00 PM: End of 2012 UniPro Summit
8:00 – 11:00PM: An Evening in Manila- Spring Edition
- Location: Fletcher Sinclair Mansion 2 East 79th Street NYC
- Benefitting ARK.
- Hosted by Project Heal Manila | Maharlika | Tomas Moves | Unipro
*Times Are Subject To Change
- On-Site Registration & Sign-in on June 2 will be at
- NYU Translational Research Building - 227 East 30th St starting 7:30am
- We will be accepting All Major credit cards for registration (extra fees will apply)
- Opening Ceremony on June 2 will be at
- Arnold & Marie Schwartz Lecture Hall - 401 East 30th St promptly beginning at 9:00am
This event page will constantly be updated with Keynote speaker information, Itinerary Updates, Workshop descriptions, and more so always check back for new details!
Online Ticket sales end at 12:00pm on Friday, June 1.
Extra Service fees will apply if you register the day of the Summit on June 2.
Special Recognition to:
Rhodora Ursua & the NYU Center for the Study of Asian American Health for providing space for our event.
When & Where
Pilipino American Unity for Progress (UniPro)