2012 PSU Social Innovation Incubator Pitch Fest
Friday, June 29, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
Meet the new cohort of inspiring social entrepreneurs making a difference in our community and beyond! Watch them pitch their ideas for two minutes and face a panel of judges, then vote for the winner of the $1000 Audience Award. Stay to party with investors, entrepreneurs, journalists, academics and students while enjoying Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream from New Avenues for Youth.
This year's judges include:
- Shelley Gunton, Director of the PSU Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Irving Levin, Executive Chairman of Genesis Financial Solutions and Co-Trustee of The Renaissance Foundation
- Adam Reid, Founder and Development Director of the Leadership and Entrepreneurship High School
- Amelia Pape, Co-Founder and CEO of My Street Grocery
- Bright Neighbor, an online platform for peer-to-peer borrowing and renting.
- Cascadia Experience, which provides leadership, sustainability and conservation training through hands-on outdoor projects.
- Elkarti, which markets handcrafted leather accessories to create employment in Morocco.
- Junk to Funk, an art-as-social-change organization that creates fashionable clothing out of trash.
- Meditation Momma, an effort to demystify and encourage the use of meditation.
Learn more about the PSU Social Innovation incubator and our members at: http://www.pdx.edu/impactentrepreneurs/incubator
Last year we ran out of room, so make certain to get your free tickets early!
Thank you to our event sponsor FMYI for supporting this event. FMYI is a social enterprise, committed to the triple bottom line, that enables innovators to create a private social network to get things done. Thanks also to our media sponsor, Sustainable Business Oregon, for their partnership and support.
When & Where
Impact Entrepreneurs unleashes the power of business for social impact. Catalyzing social entrepreneurship, Impact Entrepreneurs is part of Portland State University’s School of Business Administration, ranked #1 among small MBA programs and #14 in the world by the Aspen Institute’s Beyond Grey Pinstripes for leadership in integrating sustainability in business.
Impact Entrepreneurs works with local and global partners, community members, students and faculty to strengthen organizations, build entrepreneurial leaders, and catalyze social innovation for a more just and sustainable world.