The 2012 Lumies Arts & Business Awards event is our opportunity to recognize the artists, individuals, and organizations contributing to Southern Arizona’s wellspring of creative activity. Their successes continue to strengthen our economy and improve the quality of life of all Pima County residents.
Nominees are honored in 10 categories. Winners are selected by a committee of community members and will be announced at the event which will be held on June 15, 2012, at El Casino Ballroom 437 E 26th St. Everyone is encouraged to stay and dance to celebrate Pima County’s rich arts and culture community!
VIP Reception begins @ 5:30 pm
General Reception @ 6:00 pm
Awards Ceremony @ 7:30 pm
Performance by Sergio Mendoza y La Orkesta and dancing begins @ 8:30 pm
The 2012 Nominees Include:
Artist Lifetime Achievement
Gail Marcus Orlen
To-Ree-Nee Wolf McArdle
Arts Education Program
Pan Left Productions
The Poetry Center at the University of Arizona
Visiting Artists, Scholars & Exhibitions program (VASE) - University of Arizona College of Fine Arts School of Art
Al & Marilyn Cook
Emerging Arts Organization
Fluxx Studio & Gallery
Fund for Civility, Respect and Understanding a project of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona
Stories that Soar!
Tucson Arts Brigade
Tucson Jazz Institute
Established Arts Organization
91.3 KXCI Community Radio
Chidren's Museum Tucson
Museum of Contemporary Art Tucson
New ARTiculations Dance Theater
Rrhythm and Roots
The University of Arizona Press
Large Business Partner
General Growth Properties - Tucson Mall & Park Place
Tucson Airport Authority
Public Art Partner
Northwest Medical Center - Oro Valley Hospital
TMC (Tucson Medical Center)
Small Business Partner
Bentley's House of Coffee and Tea
Mesch, Clark & Rothschild, P.C.
The Tucson Botanical Gardens
El Casino Ballroom
437 E 26th St
Tucson Pima Arts Council
The Tucson Pima Arts Council fosters artistic expression, educational development, and the economic growth of our diverse community by supporting, promoting, and advocating for arts and culture.
- To lead the region in arts and cultural development by promoting strategic alliances, cultural planning, and advocacy for a vibrant and diverse community that is connected to its authentic identity.
- To support arts and cultural organizations, individual artists, community projects, and educational initiatives that stimulate the artistic and cultural vitality of the region through innovation and engagement.
- To develop and fund public art projects that communicate the unique sense of place, cultural heritage, and local diversity present in Pima County.
- To enhance collaborations, resource sharing, and professional development for artists, creators and organizations that support the growth of the region’s creative economy.
- To engage the private sector, local government, and the larger community in a dialogue about the critical impact of the arts, regional needs, and effective strategies that inform constructive actions.