2012 Fashion Fights Poverty Dress Responsibly Gala
Saturday, March 31, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
The Fashion Fights Poverty annual gala is high profile Washington, DC event. This fashion and arts showcase, features premier fashion houses as well as local & international artisans and designers, that have demonstrated how fashion, textiles and designs can and will continue to alleviate poverty, empower communities and contribute in helping the environment.
The 2012 Fashion Fights Poverty Dress Responsibly Gala is our biggest presentation yet.
This 3 hour fashion event will include: Cocktail reception, runway and dance performance show, followed by a live exhibition of models and designs. Plus a silent auction of designer items!
Produced by Violetta Markelou, the gala will feature a fashion show and presentations by some of the most visionary eco/ethical designers today, including Project Runway Season 7 winner, Seth Aaron Henderson; renewable fabric apparel designer, Earthtec; EcoArtFashion founder, Luis Valenzuela (Dress shown in invite); 2011 Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Designers Award recipient, Tara St. James (Study NY); DC metro area custom designer, Laura Williams; DC-based eco-friendly artisans, Ginger Root Design; NY-based sustainable fabric lingerie designer, Daisy & Elizabeth; LA-based eco-friendly designer, LAVUK; Canadian swimwear and apparel designer, Ashley Zaba; vegan shoes and bag designer Cri-de-Ceour; and animal activist and creator of the "12 in 12 for 12" campaign, Gabby Wild.
All proceeds will benefit FFP programs, including the Woodrow Wilson High School Clothing & Textile Program, Fashion Fights Poverty Summer Fashion Camp, Vocational Internship/Mentoring Program, Detroit Lives Partnership Project, among others.
For more information about Fashion Fights Poverty, go to www.fashionfightspoverty.org.
Two ticket levels:
General $75 ($50 tax deductible) includes:
- Standing room view of the fashion show (designated ballroom and mezzanine areas)
- Hors d'oeuvres
- Gelato provided by Dolci Gelati
- Open bar provided by SugarRimBar
- Exclusive access to after-party at Mio Restaurant (1110 Vermont Ave NW Washington DC)
VIP $150 ($100 tax deductible) includes:
Everything from general ticket level plus...
- VIP Cocktail Reception
- VIP gift bag
- Reserved seating for the fashion show
- Passed hors d'oeuvres provided by Olazzo
If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dress code: Fashionably Chic
- Parking garages within close proximity of Artisphere. (Free parking after 6pm)
- The Rosslyn metro (Blue/Orange lines) is about a block away.
- After-party at Mio Restaurant is 21+ only. No exceptions! Cash/credit bar. DJ.