2012 Eco Rep Symposium
Saturday, November 3, 2012 from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you a campus representative interested in...
- getting students involved in sustainability efforts and keeping them engaged?
- effective strategies for residence hall behavior change?
- getting over bumps in the road to success?
- edutainment and cool or popular projects?
- improving your existing Eco Rep program, or sharing your successes?
Then look no further! The 2012 Eco Rep Symposium will bring together the region’s most passionate student leaders for sustainability. Students will have the opportunity to share insights from their campus experiences and build networks they will be able to tap into for future sustainable ventures.
Brought to you by the Brown University Eco Reps with support from GreenerU, this symposium is designed with the help of students, for the students. Schools are not required to have a formal Eco Rep program to attend – in fact this event is perfect for schools that have a select group of active students who have a passion for change and a penchant for leadership.
The Symposium will serve as a collaborative space to share and learn from one another about successful student engagement programs for sustainability. School representatives who attend will gain insight into the key challenges facing Eco Reps or similar model programs and strategies to overcome them.The agenda for the day is as follows:
- Registration & Lunch 12:30-1:00
- Welcome & Breakout Sessions
- Roundtable Discussions
- Breakout Sessions & Closing
- Dinner & Social 5:30-7 (optional but recommended!)
Session topics this year include:
- Engaging Students through Competition - Harvard
- Effective Dorm Activities - Tufts
- Beyond EcoReps - Embodying Sustainability - Conn College
- Connecting to your Audience: Creative Publicity - Brown
- Effective and Out of the Box Communication - Mount Holyoke
- The Intersections of Academics, ResLife and Sustainability - Cornell
- The Challenges of Incorporating Sustainability into Different College Lifestyles - Lehigh
- Ensuring Project Completion, Avoiding Early Burnout and Late Roadblock - Babson
- Green Room Programs - Clark and Champlain
- Move-in/Move-out Waste Reduction Programs - Holy Cross and Brandeis
- **New this year** Failure in Five: 5 Schools talking lessons learned for 5 minutes each
Once registered, we will send you information about how to get to Brown University, parking, and the finalized agenda.