2012 Best Practices for Youth Conference
August 6-10, 2012
Presented by the Alliance for Positive Youth Development
Join us for a great professional development opportunity that leverages technology and social media to share and connect with youth development professionals, educators and young people working on youth issues around the country. This virtual conference will include a week of online and live streamed events with up to a year of access to content on topics related to five conference tracks:
Monday August 6, 2012 -
Girls and Society
- Building a Latina Leadership Pipeline
- Girls and Teen Women as Leaders, Advocates and Activists
- Human Trafficking - Its closer to home than you think
- Establishing Inclusive Environments for the Positive Development of Youth with Disabilities
- Creating A Golden Generation Can Start at Age 6! Here's How...
- Engaging Through Passion
- Building a Bridge Between Education and Employment
- Mobilizing Community College Students: Strategies for Developing Leadership and Engagement
- Partnership: Key to Successful Transition to College
- Meaningful Youth Participation Around the World
- Understanding Influences on Youth Civic Developement
- Starting Your Own Nonprofit as a Young Leader: Turning Vision Into Reality
- State of Youth - Results from the 2012 APYD National Assessments of Pressing Issues for Youth
For Full Workshop and Event Descriptions visit the conference website at http://apydconference.sisgigroup.org
The Alliance for Positive Youth Development provides valuable training and professional development for youth development professionals in an effort to improve and increase the positive outcomes on issues impacting young people. The Best Practices Conference promotes innovative and dynamic ideas from around the country on the future of youth development, engagement and leadership including the role of technology and its impact, and strategic approaches to the most pressing issues facing young people.
- Provide an affordable professional development opportunity to youth serving professionals
- Begin a national conversation on strategies to create and increase positive youth development and engagement
- Engage youth in their own development and leadership
- Use technology to share best practices and to create a platform that allows strong strategies to reach new audiences with limited barriers
- Build a foundation for ongoing networking, learning and community wide resource sharing
SISGI Group - Alliance for Positive Youth Development
The Alliance for Positive Youth Development is a national platform that allows for networking and professional development for youth serving professionals, ongoing assessment of youth needs and significant increased positive outcomes for youth led by The SISGI Group though 2024.
The outcomes of the APYD focus on developing a strategic platform to address the needs and development of young people. We are collecting and sharing best practices from across the country with parents, practitioners, community leaders, youth leaders, policymakers and educators.
The goal of this initiative is to raise awareness and bring to scale, effective strategies for sustainable positive youth impacts that create a GOLDEN© generation.
We focus on 6 strategies of Youth Empowerment:
G- Giving Back
O- Open to differences
L- loving yourself unconditionally
D – Defending against oppression
E – Empowering yourself and others
N – Never Giving Up