March 2015 TSGI Sensory & Communication Preschool and Summer Camp Information Session
- Family & Education
- Dilworth United Methodist Church, Charlotte NC
This enrollment is for our Three's & Four's Preschool Class and Transitional Kindergarten Sensory & Communication Preschool for the 2012-2013 school year.
Learn more about our Sensory & Communication Preschool here.
Enrollment is a two-step process. First, parents apply for admission and submit required paperwork. If accepted to the second phase, we will schedule a meeting with your family and our SLP to further determine eligibility.
Complete this application to apply for admission. At admission, families pay the non-refundable $60 application fee, a $200 registration fee, and one month tuition. The application and registration fees will be collected during the online registration process. To avoid extraneous credit card fees (about 6% or $55-70), please mail a check for the first month's tuitition ($925 for Three's & Four's or $1284 for TK) to this address:
TSGI Sensory & Communication Preschool Tuition
1235-E East Blvd. #140
Charlotte, NC 28203
Please make sure that the child's name and class appear in the memo line. Current students may send the payment to school.
REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
If your child is NOT accepted by us to round two, all will be refunded EXCEPT the $60.
- Communication Assessment by a SLP
- Psycoeducational Assessment by a Psychologist
- Occupational Evaluation (required for sensory needs only children)
- Physical Therapy Evaluation
- Medical Reports
- Plan of Treatment / IEP/ IFSP
- Behavioral Evaluations
- Reports from current teachers / preschool
- Any other useful information
After a review of the paperwork, we will call to schedule a meeting with our SLP. The child is expected to attend this play-based, informal session. This brief session will help us further determine eligibility. If, at this point, the child is NOT accepted for enrollment by us, the previously-paid registration fee is non-refundable, but the previously-paid tuition will be refunded. If eligibility is uncertain and cannot be fully determined, we may grant a trial enrollment.
The following limitations apply:
- Cognitive skills- Should be at or near age-appropriate level, as determined by a psychologist (exceptions may be granted when cognitive scores are greatly impacted by communication abilities)
- Negative Behaviors- Children who exhibit severe behaviors (outside the norm of typical communication frustrations), may be better served in a different setting and therefore, denied acceptance.
- Communication Skills- Any level of communication skills can be accommodated.
- Sensory Needs- We are prepared to deal with sensory needs within the learning environment and have an OT on hand for consult and direct therapy. Please contact us with specific concerns.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.