2011 BERC Energy Symposium (SOLD OUT)
Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM - Friday, October 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
We Are SOLD OUT!
The BERC Energy Symposium is the premier energy event at UC Berkeley and the largest student-run energy conference on the West Coast. Key players from the research, business development, policy and economics communities converge on Berkeley's campus to explore innovative ideas and provide a platform for vibrant discussion among hundreds of attendees.
The 2011 BERC Energy Symposium will commence on the evening of Thursday, October 20th with the BERC Innovation Expo, a showcase of cutting-edge energy research, environmental design and entrepreneurship. The conference will take place on Friday, October 21st featuring nine engaging and in-depth panel discussions, three keynote addresses, and a post-conference reception. This year’s event will build on the expertise of energy leaders from a wide range of fields to debate the most crucial issues and strategies for addressing our shared global energy challenges.
For complete information: berc.berkeley.edu/symposium
Parking information - click here
Conference materials - click here
- Toward Terrawatt Solar: Growing the Pie Together
- Impact of Renewable Energy in the Developing World
- Bridging the Valley of Death: Financing and Partnership Options for Energy Start-Ups
- Behavior Change: Drivers of the New Energy Market
- Electric Vehicles - No Longer an Idea of the Future?
- The Globalization of Renewable Energy: Can International Cooperation Power a Green World?
- Resource Limitations: Ensuring Sustainability of Clean Energy Technologies
- The Role of Nuclear Power in a Green Energy Landscape
- Plenary Panel: The Role of the University in Addressing Today's Energy Challenges
- Arun Majumdar - ARPA - E
- Jigar Shah - Carbon War Room
- Ann Marie Sastry - Sakti3
- Dan Kammen - World Bank
When & Where
UC Berkeley and the Berkeley Energy & Resources Collaborative
The Berkeley Energy & Resources Collaborative (BERC) is a student-led organization which brings together students and community members interested in all aspects of energy and resources. BERC's mission is to connect, educate and engage students in order to foster innovation and action. Learn more at http://berc.berkeley.edu