1st Annual D.A.A.P. Symposium: Developing Afro-American Professionals
Friday, May 16, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
For our crown event this semester, D.A.A.P. is hosting our very own D.A.A.P. Symposium! The theme of the conference is "Developing Afro-American Professionals" and includes 5 topics:
Professional Communication, Career Development, Education, Advocacy, and Culture.
The symposium will include:
- 5 breakout sessions led by an expert in that field
- Networking opportunities & mixers with like-minded people & organizations
- Keynote addresses from exemplary leaders
- A special DAAP presentation
- Continental Breakfast and Lunch Provided
THIS EVENT IS FOR:
- Individuals, groups, and organizations who are interested in their continual development of professional, academic, and social protocol while seeking to introduce themselves to various professionals, educators, and high-level authorities and administrators.
- Those who would benefit from a high caliber environment and want insight of the professional world.
Please park in the LBCC PARKING STRUCTURE J: Clark Avenue & Lew Davis Street
The parking structure is the 5-story edifice located slightly South of Carson Street. Parking costs $1. Be sure to leave your receipt in the dashboard as proof of payment.
- For all Inquiries contact: DAAPstudentorganization@yahoo.com
We look forward to seeing you next Friday, May 16th!
When & Where
D.A.A.P. [Development of Afro-American Professionals]
Named after the cultural handshake, D.A.A.P. is a supportive community of students dedicated to the overall academic success of Afro American students at Long Beach City College. We seek to serve as a platform for our members to develop and cultivate leadership qualities, professional skills, networking opportunities, cultural awareness, and community involvement. As DAAP members develop themselves as professionals, the Afro American community progresses as a whole.