14th ANNUAL (Rotary District 5330) TALENT COMPETITION
Friday, February 15, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (PST)
Rotary District 5330 Talent Contest Details
This competition is for MUSIC STUDENTS who sing Classical or Musical Theatre Songs or Play at least one classical piece on an Instrument.
Unfortunately Pop, rock, Christian, Country/Western, Hip Hop and the like will not qualify.
The 14th annual Rotary Music Competition provides an introductory platform for high school musicians to perform and, for many, advance their career opportunities. These guidelines govern all competition levels for three categories: Pianist, Vocalist, and Instrumentalist.
Prizes up to $1,000
Will be awarded in each category
Three Contest Levels
Round 1Feb 1 2013**
Round 2 Feb 15 2013**
April, May, June depending on Category^
- Students must reside and or attend school in District 5330 boundaries.
- Home-schooled students are eligible to attend
- Finals will be held at University of Redlands with Judging provided by the music faculties and other highly qualified adjudicators.
- Finals will be held in April, May, and June 2013.
- Contestants promoted to the Semi-Final level must agree to be available to perform on specified dates.
- This year’s finalist will perform at the “Celebrate the Spirit of Rotary” awards June 15 Corona, CA
- Contestant may perform composition of their own choosing at club level. Sheet music allowed at club level.
- Contestant must perform a required piece for finals (included with packet at club level contest). No sheet music will be allowed for finals. Pieces must be memorized
- Previous “First-Place” Rotary Musical Competition finalist are not eligible to re-enter.
- A contestant should perform a piece that is best qualified to demonstrate his/her talent and musicality. There are specific repertoire requirements for the finals competitions each contestant must agree to in order to advance.
- Each performance is recommended to be 5-7 minutes in length.
FINALIST AWARDS for Each Category of Performance
1st Place - $1,000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250
Club Level Winners will be awarded $100. $75 and $50
CLUB LEVEL AWARDS
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $75
3rd Place - $50
FULL RULES AND GUIDELINES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT THIS EVENT OR AVAILABLE BY REQUEST VIA EMAIL
*Riverside and San Bernardino Counties: Temecula to Thermal to Twentynine Palms, Corona to Lake Arrowhead to Idyllwild and all areas in between.
**Music and Voice Institute 647 W. Ramsey Street Banning, CA 92220
^University of Redlands
When & Where
Music and Voice Institute dba Music and Voice Tutors
Music and Voice Institute is a community-based music school in Banning/Beaumont, California. Our Mission is to provide opportunities for music education and appreciation to people of all ages, abilities, and financial means as a way of enhancing lives, broadening the base of support for the arts, and strengthening the community as a whole.
Sing with Joy!
Play with Passion!
Music and Voice Institute dba Music and Voice Tutors is now headquartered in Banning, Ca. and specializes in teaching music instruments(including voice) to all ages. Music and Voice Institute is seeking instrument donations and monetary contributions to support our successful instructional programs. Find more information online at; musicandvoice.org
Visit our Website to Donate or Volunteer
Donate Money for Scholarships and Sponsorships click the link to our site
As we poise for Round II of the Rotary District 5330 Music Compettion San Gorgonio Pass Rotary would like to congratulate Round I Finalist:
Round II looks like its going to be a real blast! Good Luck All!