14th ANNUAL (Rotary District 5330) TALENT COMPETITION
Friday, February 15, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (PST)
Rotary District 5330 Talent Contest Details
This competition is for MUSIC STUDENTS who sing Classical or Musical Theatre Songs or Play at least one classical piece on an Instrument.
Unfortunately Pop, rock, Christian, Country/Western, Hip Hop and the like will not qualify.
The 14th annual Rotary Music Competition provides an introductory platform for high school musicians to perform and, for many, advance their career opportunities. These guidelines govern all competition levels for three categories: Pianist, Vocalist, and Instrumentalist.
Prizes up to $1,000
Will be awarded in each category
Three Contest Levels
Round 1Feb 1 2013**
Round 2 Feb 15 2013**
April, May, June depending on Category^
- Students must reside and or attend school in District 5330 boundaries.
- Home-schooled students are eligible to attend
- Finals will be held at University of Redlands with Judging provided by the music faculties and other highly qualified adjudicators.
- Finals will be held in April, May, and June 2013.
- Contestants promoted to the Semi-Final level must agree to be available to perform on specified dates.
- This year’s finalist will perform at the “Celebrate the Spirit of Rotary” awards June 15 Corona, CA
- Contestant may perform composition of their own choosing at club level. Sheet music allowed at club level.
- Contestant must perform a required piece for finals (included with packet at club level contest). No sheet music will be allowed for finals. Pieces must be memorized
- Previous “First-Place” Rotary Musical Competition finalist are not eligible to re-enter.
- A contestant should perform a piece that is best qualified to demonstrate his/her talent and musicality. There are specific repertoire requirements for the finals competitions each contestant must agree to in order to advance.
- Each performance is recommended to be 5-7 minutes in length.
FINALIST AWARDS for Each Category of Performance
1st Place - $1,000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250
Club Level Winners will be awarded $100. $75 and $50
CLUB LEVEL AWARDS
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $75
3rd Place - $50
FULL RULES AND GUIDELINES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT THIS EVENT OR AVAILABLE BY REQUEST VIA EMAIL
*Riverside and San Bernardino Counties: Temecula to Thermal to Twentynine Palms, Corona to Lake Arrowhead to Idyllwild and all areas in between.
**Music and Voice Institute 647 W. Ramsey Street Banning, CA 92220
^University of Redlands
When & Where
Music and Voice Institute dba Music and Voice Tutors
The Music and Voice team provides music and voice lessons for Adults and Children.
Sing with Joy!
Play with Passion!
Music and Voice is a non-profit music school which specializes in providing the highest quality professional instruction for voice, band instruments (woodwinds, brass, and concert percussion), piano, guitar, bass, drums, violin/fiddle,viola,cello and much more! We do so knowing that music has been proven to help stimulate the ability of one to reason, calculate, read, improve self-control/discipline, and excel in all levels of education.
The need for quality student-friendly music education and training is at an all-time high. Music and Voice addresses and fulfills these needs. Music and Voice instructs girls and boys, men and women of practically any age.
At Music and Voice our goal is to educate the whole musician, not just to train a performer.
Our curriculum goes far beyond technical mastery to include a sense of history, society, culture and art. Through a conservatory approach, our students learn to perform, interpret and teach music in a rich learning environment that provides a great education and effective training.
Our studio teachers are among the finest musicians and teachers in Southern California.
Music and Voice provides instrument lessons (voice is an instrument) for children, teenagers, and adults at reasonable rates. In addition to private lessons, Music and Voice facilitates group classes for many instruments and a fun exploratory class that provides each child the opportunity to sing and play various instruments that are age-appropriate for toddlers and children up to 6-years called Do Re Mi and Mommy.
Music and Voice was founded in 2009 by professional musicians and teachers that have been instructing students in music for over 30 years. The MVT team of professionals are confident that the curriculums they have developed will promote healthy fun instruction and heighten a student’s level of understanding and involvement in general music, music composition, and performance. We continue to work with local universities to ensure a strong curriculum designed to promote excellence and prepare students for higher education via music and academic scholarships.
Sing with Joy!
Play with Passion!
Please support us as we continue to improve the condition of our community through education.
To make a donation or sponsor a child contact our office at 951-572-2270 or click on one of the the links below.
Donate Money for Scholarships and Sponsorships click the Button
As we poise for Round II of the Rotary District 5330 Music Compettion San Gorgonio Pass Rotary would like to congratulate Round I Finalist:
Round II looks like its going to be a real blast! Good Luck All!