- - Don't be freaked out by the # of RSVPs because we have a heated deck and the downstairs will be available too....plus we don't expected every RSVP to attend. Please arrive by 8 to guarantee entry upstairs though! (downstairs has a TV if needed)
- There are no nameless +1s allowed so include your Guest's Name/Email or have them friends register individually so they're on the Guest List
- If you register you will be added to the Guest List and don't need to Print a Ticket!
- Please feel free to add your AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION & Personal WEB SITE/BLOG (i.e. Twitter) to your registration sign up! (not just Work information)
- You can update your registration under My Tickets > Manage Order
- You can SEE WHO IS COMING below!
- Forward to your Friends & Colleagues + Share on FB/MYBO/TWITTER!
(follow #sotuprogress and donate your fb/tw/gmail status updates w/rsvp links)
- We welcome you to wear your Obama-related gear and bring signs with messages about Unity, Hope & Progress (nothing about Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck or Fox News please!)
Network For Progress
2nd ANNUAL STATE OF THE UNION PROGRESS PARTY:
A “Together We Thrive” Unity Celebration in Honor of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the victims
of the 1/8/2010 Arizona Tragedy
6:30pm-10:30pm Tuesday, January 25th
(6:30pm Networking Party, 8:45pm Program & Speech, 10pm DJ/Dancing)
Local 16 - upstairs lounge
1602 U Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009 (off 16th St.)
@ U Street green/yellow line metro
- FREE EVENT -
(we will be collecting optional $5 donations for OFA and the Gabriel Zimmerman Scholarship Fund)
- Special Guests Include -
OFA Political Director Yohannes Abraham
OFA Deputy National Regional Director John Baldo
Nicole Williams, DNC Youth Council
“Yes We STILL Can...Mobilize our Movement to MAINSTREAM HOPE over Fear!”
21st Century Democrats, Bulldog Finance Group, Catholic University Young Democrats, Class of Change, DC Future Politics Candidates Meetup, DC Latino Caucus, DC Young Democrats, DC’s Young & Powerful, DNC Youth Council, Generation Obama, Gertrude Stein Democratic Club, Jobs That Are Left, New Latino Movement, New Leaders Council, Progressive Communicators of DC, Northern Virginia For Obama, Prince George's County Young Democrats, Tom Manatos Job List, Women's Information Network, Young Democrats of Maryland, YDA Mid-Atlantic Region, Young Democrats of America
As we reflect on the recent Arizona tragedy we ask that you please join activist and supporters of several Obama, Democratic, Progressive and Cause or Civic-minded grassroots organizations to come together to watch President Obama deliver his second State of the Union Address on Capitol Hill while showing that “Together We Thrive” and can still Mobilize a Movement that seeks to MAINSTREAM HOPE over Fear.
As we reflect on the recent Arizona tragedy we ask that you please join activists and supporters of several Obama, Democratic, Progressive and other Cause or Civic-minded grassroots organizations to come together to watch President Obama deliver his second State of the Union Address on Capitol Hill while showing that “Together We Thrive” and can still Mobilize a Movement that seeks to MAINSTREAM HOPE over Fear. Several hundred attended last year!
- Come early to network and party with your fellow Hope Mongers before watching President Obama talk about the PROGRESS we have made since 11/4/08….including extended Tax Cuts for the middle class, "Don't Ask Don’t Tell" Repeal, Food Safety, Children's Nutrition, 9/11 First Responders Care and a New START nuclear weapons reduction treaty with Russia in the "lame duck" session alone!
- In honor of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords we will have a giant Get Well Card for her and the other victims like aspiring patriotic political leader and baseball player 9 year-old Christina Taylor Green.
- We plan to have DJ Chris Vaeth, SOTU “Keyword” Bingo and Raffle Prizes
- We will be collecting optional $5 donations for President Obama’s Organizing For America and the new scholarship fund of former Rep. Giffords’ staffer Gabriel Zimmerman for UC-Santa Cruz students interested in public service. (Learn More: http://news.ucsc.edu/2011/01/Gabriel-Zimmerman-remembered.html)
Questions? Have a suggestion for a co-host or want to get involved in hosting your own Progress Party? Contact: Jim McBride, 703-867-5070, firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Planning Committee:
Jim McBride, Ayawna Chase, A'shanti Gholar, Scott Dworkin, Jeff Richardson, Susan Roth, Margot Friedman, Courtney Sieloff, Jake Weissman, Franklin Garcia, Brian Wang, Chris Vaeth, Nicole Williams, Kip Wainscott, Almina Khorakiwala, Peggy Asante, Erin Kilroy, Melody Gonzales, Rod Snyder, Atima Omara-Alwala, Ferdinand Ibebuchi, Phil Zanders, Rick Docksai, Matt Gontarchick,
Ryan Clayton, Courtney Foley, Kelly Michaelis