San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Team Red White, and Blue Founder Mike Erwin as he completes the final 25 miles of his 100 miles in 100 hours challenge.
Mike will be starting his final 25 miles at 3:00 PM on the National Mall (meet by the Washington Monument 15th St Info Kiosque). He would love to be joined by some local runners. To run a few miles with Mike, please contact Mark.Erwin@teamrwb.org Please note, the pace will be 9:30 - 10:00/mile. The complete route is listed below.
Afterwards, please join us at a reception recognizing Mike's achievement hosted by the National Veterans Center at 2013 H Street (near GWU's campus). To RSVP for the reception, please see above.
If you are interested in volunteering & supporting Mike & our runners on the course, please contact Becci.Foster@teamrwb.org
Please contact Joanna.Graham@teamrwb.org with any additional questions or concerns.
To donate and support the Team RWB Veteran Ambassador program, please visit https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/100miles100hours/5marathons5days
100 in 100 Route - Friday, August 2, 2013
- START: Washington Monument 15th St Kiosque
- Head towards Lincoln Memorial, go around back of Memorial, cross street and head towards Memorial Bridge.
- Cross over Memorial Bridge; on VA side, hop on Mt Vernon Trail north towards Rosslyn
- At TR Island, take bridge west and head towards Iwo Jima (up and over the overpass)
- Make a left on Lynn Street & take to Iwo Jima Memorial. Run to front of Memorial
- From Iwo Jima, take Lyon St back to Key Bridge
- Go over Key Bridge, take left onto Canal Road
- Veer right onto Foxhall Road
- Right on Reservoir Road
- Right on Wisconsin Avenue
- Take Wisconsin Ave south to Waterfront where you pick up the Rock Creek Park Trail again (path that runs along river)
- Take Rock Creek Park Trail all the way to and around Hains Point
- At end of Hains Point, pick up Ohio Drive (runs parallel to Trail), veer right on Ohio Drive and merge onto Maine Avenue (slight left) and finally merge onto (slight left) on Independence Avenue.
- Take Independence towards Memorial Bridge, make a right onto 23rd Street SW, cross back into Virginia via Memorial Bridge (south side walk)
- Once over the bridge, take Mt Vernon Trail south towards Gravelly Point
- Take Mt Vernon Trail into Crystal City (veer right just after Mile Marker ) and follow until trail dead ends on Crystal Drive
- Left on Crystal Drive
- Right on 18th Street S. 18th St S becomes S Hayes St
- Left on 15th St S. 15th St S becomes S Joyce St
- Left on Columbia Pike and take to Air Force Memorial
- Turn around at AF Memorial, take Columbia Pike towards Pentagon, go under Washington Blvd, and turn left on RDF Access Lane
- Follow trail back to Memorial Bridge
- Cross back into DC on south sidewalk, veer right and run around Lincoln Memorial
- Head back towards Washington Monument
- Pass 15th St kiosque and take Jefferson Dr SW across 15th and 14th Streets NW
- END: National Mall by Carousel between along Jefferson (across from Smithsonian Castle)