San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Long time, event planning professional and entrepreneur Elaina M. Whitley presents 'Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop', a 1-day interactive course to guide you through learning all about starting and running a successful event planning business as well as the many opportunities available within the industry.
I created 'EP 101' in 2007 which has since been attended by hundreds of event professionals across the southeast region. In 2010, by popular demand via social media, I launched 'EP 101 On Tour', and took my expertise on the road to several cities around the country. My reason for creating this workshop was due to the thousands of dollars I spent attending event planning courses and still had nnooo clue how to start my business. I am very candid about discussing my hits and misses during my 15 years(plus) in the industry. Most event planning certificate courses do not teach students how to start a business. By hosting the workshop to a group of students at one time, I am able to share loads of information about all that I have learned, at a fraction of the cost that I paid. You will leave 'EP 101' with the knowledge on how start your business and how to create fabulous and fun events for years to come.
- What you need to do to get started in the industry
- Event Planner education
- Event Planner income
- Market your events & business to your target audience
- Coordinate & manage successful events (Brainstorming, Menu Planning, Registration, Budgets, Risk Management & more)
- How to form strategic partnerships with other event professionals
- Contracts and proposals
- The importance of why you must own a business and not just be an event planner
- Simple ways of how to get repeat clients
- Adding services to your business to create year-round revenue
- How your E.Y.E. Certificate of Completion can help you generate income from paid event & wedding gigs
Seating is extremely limited. Registration will close at event capacity. Workshop is taught to a small group of 10 or less so that more hands-on training can be utilized throughout the class. Early registration is highly recommended. Walk-up registration will not be permitted.
According to former students, the information that you learn in this class is far more valuable than the cost. It is worth every dime. Learn real-life experiences from an event planning veteran.
No unregistered, accompanying guests. No small children. Suggested age is 16 years old and up. No recording devices of any kind will be allowed into the venue.
One-on-one training for 1 Day Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop is available. Please contact event host for details.
Registration fee includes:
- Wi-Fi access if you choose to bring a laptop or tablet
- Course Manual & Event Planning Tip Sheets
- Templates to help you get started
- Enjoy Yourself Events Certificate of Completion
- Discount on follow-up consultation for business or event planning
- 30 days of free post-workshop follow up via email for any pending questions that you may have
- Discounts for future events hosted by Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to volunteer or intern at Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to become a member of Enjoy Yourself Events Network of Event Planners
- Opportunity to renew your certificate every 2 years with approved volunteer hours
*** The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. ***
Day of workshop instructions:
- Please arrive by 10:15AM for sign-in. Workshop will begin promptly at 10:30AM.
- Have picture ID and printed registration confirmation upon arrival.
- Dress code - Business casual.
- Bring a sweater just in case a/c is on at the venue
- Bring laptop/tablet for assignments if you can. No mandatory.
- Plan to stay for the entire workshop. Certificates will not be issued until the end of the day. (no exceptions)
Elaina M. Whitley is also available for private, individual and group sessions of 'EP 101' as well as speaking engagements and event hosting. If you have a group that would like to take this workshop, 'EP 101' will come to you anywhere in the world.
When & Where
Elaina M. Whitley/Enjoy Yourself Events
Elaina M. Whitley is the owner/founder of Enjoy Yourself Events, an event management and entertainment firm providing Event Planning, Marketing, Public Relations, Small Business & Professional Coaching. Elaina has been in the event industry for more than 15 years & has lent her expertise to events across the country. Client event roster includes: Real Men Cook, GodzGirl Network, Sweet Auburn Festival, Taste of Atlanta, Restoration-Atlanta Flood Relief Benefit Concert and more. In addition, Enjoy Yourself Events has produced and hosted: Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop, Networking For a Cause Thanksgiving Food Drive, We Love the Kids Holiday Toy Drive, Sweet-Touch Pamper Me Party, Its My Party Event Planning Expo as well as a host of others including celebrity and VIP events.