San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Event details: http://www.everyCircle.com/en/events/2013sep21startupworkshopintensive Rev. 09/20/13, 4:40pm
and South Valley Angels cordially invite you...
Startup Workshop Intensive
Silicon Valley Pad, 2nd Fl
1370 Willow Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025
If you are fortunate enough to have the resources to hire, or are able to get into one of these organizations, they can be game changing. However, not everyone has the resources or is able to get into these organizations. How do you level the playing field?
This workshop is geared to provide the same insight and knowledge without the high cost. We will provide you the tools to grow your idea, build a team, develop a strategy, and obtain funding.
Cost: Advance $77 (by 11pm September 20) or $100 at door
Breakfast, Lunch and Refreshments will be provided.
Must bring your receipt. Your name will be on the list at the door.
Info: Cesar Plata 408 352-5932, 239-9006c
10:30am-12pm Workshop I
12:00-1:00pm Workshop II
1:00-3:00pm Workshop III
I How to Get Your Idea Funded
II Legal Issus for Entrepreneurs Seeking Funding
III How to Write an Executive Summary and
Develop Your Investor Presentation
This overview will provide the fundamental building blocks for creating and launching an idea, along with a basic understanding of the startup and product realization processes and lifecycle. You will understand the startup roadmap, how to develop and build a team, how to develop your strategy, and how to get others interested in your idea.
Learn the fundamentals of funding options, impacts and which is right for you. You will have an understanding of the various funding options, their pros and cons, and what you need to develop a successful strategy to fund your idea.
Learn the tools to create the key documents for funding. Learn how to avoid the common mistakes that most startups make in this crucial step. You will know how to develop a compelling Executive Summary and Investor Presentation that has the information the investors want to know.
GLJ Group facilitates, coordinates and manages the flow of quality deal flow and opportunities to achieve realization, launch and financial success.
GLJ Group and partners provide resources, services, and/or professional networks that enable quality deal flow, provide subject matter experts and ensure overall success.
At South Valley Angels (SVA), we have passion and pride for working with entrepreneurs to build the great companies of tomorrow. SVA is comprised of entrepreneurs and senior executives from a wide range of industries who are passionate about investing for the future.
South Valley Angels funds innovative start-up companies with compelling ideas and promising teams. We review companies from all regions and have a special interest in nurturing the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Our primary goal is to provide funds to compelling start-ups and seed-stage companies while assisting with hands-on mentoring to ensure success for the company and return for our investors. Our greatest assets are our broad experience and our extensive networks that we can bring into play to facilitate our entrepreneurs’ needs.
Workshop II Presented by
Terry Kelly, attorney at law and partner at Dorsey and Whitney, LLP
Terry Kelly is a partner in Dorsey’s Corporate practice. His practice focuses on representation of emerging high-technology companies with respect to venture capital financing, intellectual property law, and licensing and distribution agreements.
Terry has extensive experience advising clients in connection with financing, and intellectual property protection and exploitation, including the acquisition, protection and sale of intellectual property and buying, selling, leasing, distribution, licensing and development of high-technology products and services. His clients include software, Internet, hardware, video on demand, semiconductor medical devices, photonics and life sciences companies.
- Represented a manufacturer of video-on-demand hardware and software, with respect to spin-off, sale to public company, and recapitalization of U.S. and foreign operations.
- Represented public company with regard to acquisition of privately-held telecommunications company.
- Represented a fabless (design-only) semiconductor company in connection with agreements for the design and outsourced production of semiconductors, allocation of IP ownership, and distribution of products.
- Represented a company in connection with its acquisition, through a private commercial foreclosure sale, of a significant patent portfolio related to photonics.
- Represented a company in a stock redemption in exchange for patents and technology.
- Represented a U.S. company in its transfer of telecommunication patents to a major Japanese manufacturer.
- Represented a company in its acquisition of exclusive patent license rights from another company.
- Represented a domestic company in agreements licensing electronic design automation software.
- Represented a U.S. software company in the licensing of patents and technology from a major Canadian telecommunications company.
- Represented a U.S.manufacturer in the licensing of trademarks for a global brand.
- Annams Systems Corporation
- Entone, Inc.
- Geo Semiconductor Inc.
- Net Optics Inc.
- Pacific Safety Products, Inc.
- PurpleComm, Inc.
- Research in Motion Ltd.
- SBG Labs, Inc.
- SIMCO Electronics
- Solarius Development, Inc.
- Test Enterprises, Inc.
- Turner BioSystems, Inc.
- Turner Design Systems
- Visioneer, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, former secretary and trustee, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- Stanford University (A.B. Economics, A.B. International Relations, 1979), with distinction
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Corporate and Securities Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies
- Life Sciences and Health Care
- Technology Commerce
- Clean Technology
- Educational Publishing, Technology & Services
Pay It Forward - Invite Others - Be The Connector
A Simple and Powerful Paradigm: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Your clients and friends are your best ambassadors. They can help you meet more people effectively and successfully than you can by yourself.
Leverage - Power of Third Party Referrals: Create your Power Team, introduce your clients to their NEXT clients, and promote each others` businesses! Strangers will generally believe and trust a referral much more and sooner then they will believe you (human nature).
Our Mixer is Your Mixer: It is in your best interests to invite others to attend YOUR everyCircle mixer. Please email others and give your business top billing:
Your Name and everyCircle.com cordially invite you...
Law of Attraction: Benefits are tremendous - It will pay you back tenfold!
Learn More Earn Money for Referrals
When & Where
Connecting Circles of Influence
Provide More Value for Your Business...
• Collaborate with Peers
• Meet Clients
• Build Your Reputation
• Leverage Your Business
• Create Alliances
• Generate Revenues...
The Best Business is Personal Business
• A portal designed for executives, decision-makers, professionals, business owners, and community leaders to network, earn revenues, and share information and resources
• Wide array of events, customizable applications, databases, features, and services:
- B2B Service Providers, Professional Profiles, Business Directory, Calendar of Events,
- Virtual Store, Job Listings, Discounts / Offers, Forums, Volunteer Opportunities,
- Business Networking Expos and Mixers, Mastermind Groups, Seminars and Workshops
- Advertising and Event Sponsorship Opportunities, and much more...
• Online platform for professional organizations to create their own custom online communities:
- Provide More Value for Your Clients and Members
- Expand Your Network and Grow Your Membership
- Grow Brand Awareness, Earn Revenues, and Save Money Too!
Contact: Cesar Plata, Founder
408 352-5932, cplata@everyCircle.com