Event details: http://www.everycircle.com/en/events/2013jun25seminar Rev 02/01/13, 1:05pm
Food for Thought:
An Overview of Nutritional Strategies
to Optimize Brain Power and
Increase Physical Energy
Tue. June 25, 2013, 6-8:30pm
Silicon Valley Athletic Club (meeting room upstairs)
196 N. Third / St. James Sts, San Jose, CA 95112
Experience 5-star hospitality, learn, network, and share ideas to help grow and improve your business.
Also make new friends and clients, and connect with your peers:
decision-makers, executives, entrepreneurs, business owners, professionals
with Michael Lara, MD
The nutrients in our food are among the most powerful medicines known to impact overall physical health and brain function. In this seminar, you will learn evidence-based strategies to enhance mood, memory, focus, physical energy and overall wellbeing.
Participants completing this program should be able to:
- Identify nutrients that can affect chemical brain messengers, including serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine and opiates.
- Discuss how memory and mood disorders are influenced by inflammation and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Describe how appetite and stress-related eating affect stress hormones, including cortisol.
- Learn about proven dietary strategies such as ketogenic diets and intermittent fasting that reduce chronic inflammation and improve memory, focus and concentration.
- Identify selected nutrients and dietary supplements that can enhance memory, mood, physical energy and libido.
Key Topics Addressed:
Nutrients that Influence Key Neurotransmitters
- Dietary sources of neurotransmitters, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals
- Serotonin: memory, depression, sleep, appetite regulation
- Norepinephrine: attention-deficit disorder, appetite suppression
- Dopamine: reward-seeking, risk-taking, addictions
Inflammation and Mood
- Chronic inflammation as source for depression, diabetes, memory loss, and obesity
- Anti-inflammatory nutrients: Omega-3s, green tea, dark chocolate, red wine, curcumin
Stress-related Eating and Appetite
- Stress and appetite: the stress-hormone cortisol and the regulation of appetite and obesity
- Diets and Optimal Brain Function: comparison of high fat (ketogenic), high protein (e.g., Atkins), and intermittent fasting as they affect memory and improve cognition
- Nutrients that enhance memory, improve mood, and increase energy and libido: omega-3 fatty acids, n-acetylcysteine, SAM-e, branched-chain amino acids, coconut oil, maca, zinc and magnesium.
Tue. June 25 http://2013jun25seminar.eventbrite.com
Cost: Early Bird: $10 (by 10pm Jun 21), Advance: $15 (by 4pm Jun 25), or $20 door
Must bring your receipt. Your name will be on the list at the door.
Refunds must be requested at least 24 hrs in advance.
VIP PASS: Only $45 (80+% savings) to attend ALL 2013 everyCircle.com
Bay Area Business/Tech Mixers and Networking 101 Workshops, except
the seminars and Startup Workshop Series.
Your VIP namebadge will be at the door
Info: Cesar Plata, 408 352-5932, 239-9006c
About the Presenter
Michael E. Lara, M.D., is a board-certified physician specializing in the use of nutritional strategies to treat common medical problems. An outstanding, insightful and inspiring presenter, Dr. Lara speaks frequently at health-related conferences throughout North America. Health professionals commend his masterful presentations for communicating key discoveries and practical strategies with clarity, compassion and wisdom.
Dr. Lara was educated at Stanford, Harvard, the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and he completed his residency training in psychiatry and psychopharmacology at Stanford Hospital and Clinics. He maintains a full-time private practice near San Francisco, California. For more information, visit his website at www.mlaramd.com
Pay It Forward - Invite Others - Be The Connector
A Simple and Powerful Paradigm: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Your clients and friends are your best ambassadors. They can help you meet more people effectively and successfully than you can by yourself.
Leverage - Power of Third Party Referrals: Create your Power Team, introduce your clients to their NEXT clients, and promote each others` businesses! Strangers will generally believe and trust a referral much more and sooner then they will believe you (human nature).
Our Mixer is Your Mixer: It is in your best interests to invite others to attend YOUR everyCircle mixer. Please email others and give your business top billing:
Your Name and everyCircle.com cordially invite you...
Law of Attraction: Benefits are tremendous - It will pay you back tenfold!
Learn More Earn Money for Referrals
About Silicon Valley Athletic Club
www.siliconvalleyathleticclub.com (formerly known as San Jose Athletic Club) The Athletic Facility is a Historic Treasure - The magnificent Greco - Roman-style historical landmark building known as "San Jose Athletic Club" has a colorful history, and was almost demolished to make way for "progress" in the late 1970`s. Saved by some bold and Forward-thinking local leadership, it has survived as one of San Jose`s truly great monuments. Tours will be available during the event.
Built by the Freemasons in 1927 as San Jose`s Masonic lodge, it was a masterpiece of design and a centerpiece of the then -Tony St. James Park neighborhood. Along with the old downtown post office, the later-demolished Gothic city hall, the historic courthouse trinity Episcopal Church, and other historic structures that predated it, it was a major attraction for our out-of- town visitors, writers and photographers describing the best attributes of San Jose. By 1977, having been damaged by several earthquakes and needing deferred repairs, it was focused by the city to close until repairs could be effected. When the masons obtained cost estimates, they found the huge repair costs prohibitive ( about $ 500,000 - imagine that! ) A decision was made to build a new temple in a different location, and to sell the existing one to be demolished and replaced by a modern office building.
Fortunately , some alert members of the San Jose chamber of commerce were able to quickly lobby the city and federal governments to designate the building as a historic landmark, thus preventing it’s demolition-at least until it could be proven that no beneficial be found for it. For the next three years, a chamber for committee studied various ideas from private and public developers and agencies. Finally, in 1980, the owners of the venerable Oakland Athletic Club, a family-owned enterprise with a great history over two generations, proposed to convert the building to a first rate athletic club and social facility, retraining it’s historic façade and the traditional qualities of it’s remarkable interior – a challenging undertaking.
After two years of design and planning discussions, architectural plans and approvals, and extensive renovation and construction, the building was finally given a re-birth as the San Jose Athletic Club, which opened in November of 1981. Then considered the Premier Club of it’s type in all of silicon valley, it’s quickly attracted a premium membership of downtown business and professional people, and became the most popular venue for upscale social events and weddings in downtown San Jose.
When & Where
Connecting Circles of Influence
Provide More Value for Your Business...
• Collaborate with Peers
• Meet Clients
• Build Your Reputation
• Leverage Your Business
• Create Alliances
• Generate Revenues...
The Best Business is Personal Business
• A portal designed for executives, decision-makers, professionals, business owners, and community leaders to network, earn revenues, and share information and resources
• Wide array of events, customizable applications, databases, features, and services:
- B2B Service Providers, Professional Profiles, Business Directory, Calendar of Events,
- Virtual Store, Job Listings, Discounts / Offers, Forums, Volunteer Opportunities,
- Business Networking Expos and Mixers, Mastermind Groups, Seminars and Workshops
- Advertising and Event Sponsorship Opportunities, and much more...
• Online platform for professional organizations to create their own custom online communities:
- Provide More Value for Your Clients and Members
- Expand Your Network and Grow Your Membership
- Grow Brand Awareness, Earn Revenues, and Save Money Too!
Contact: Cesar Plata, Founder
408 352-5932, cplata@everyCircle.com