The New Jersey Figure Skating Foundation: A Skating Event to Benefit the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc. and the New Jersey Council of Figure Skating Clubs, Inc.
New Jersey Figure Skating Foundation
The New Jersey Figure Skating Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 New Jersey non-profit charitable organization that is dedicated to the sport of Figure Skating in the State of New Jersey. The purpose(s) of the foundation are to:
- To foster national or international amateur competition in figure skating and to promote the advancement of figure skating, especially in the State of New Jersey.
- To assist individual figure skaters, skating programs, skating clubs, and the New Jersey Council of Figure Skating Clubs, Inc. (“NJCFSC” or the “Council”) by providing scholarships, providing educational opportunities for New Jersey schools, and helping special education athletes.
- To provide information and assistance to figure skaters, skating programs, skating clubs, including New Jersey Figure Skating Council Clubs and to provide advice and guidance when requested by such skaters or the officers, directors, and/or trustees of such programs, clubs or Council.
- To provide support and assistance in the development of new clubs desiring affiliation with the NJCFSC, the U.S. Figure Skating Association (“USFS”), and the Foundation.
Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc.
The Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc. is a private independent charitable organization, not formed or controlled by, or affiliated with the State of New Jersey or any of its agencies or offices. As a New Jersey nonprofit corporation exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), the Fund has received a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service providing that contributions to the Fund are deductible as charitable contributions under Internal Revenue Code Section 170. The fund is registered with the Charities Registration and Investigation Section of the Division of Consumer Affairs under the Attorney General of the State of New Jersey and has been issued a Registration Number of CH-35585-00.
Hurricane Sandy has brought unthinkable devastation to parts of our Garden State, destroying homes, businesses and some of New Jersey’s most identifiable icons. We have organized this relief fund to aid, comfort, and rebuild New Jersey. The images and stories of the damage are heartbreaking. In the aftermath, I urge you to support our friends, neighbors and communities impacted by the storm. They need our help and need it quickly. Thank you for your generosity. We are strong and resilient. We are proud New Jerseyans.
- First Lady Mary Pat Christie, wife of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie