1st International Conference AGRICOM 2013
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Friday, September 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
When & Where
The AGRICOM Project
The main goal of the project AGRICOM is the transfer and adaptation of the WACOM Water Competence Model (WCM) from the water sector to the agricultural sector.
Further main objectives of AGRICOM are:
- Identifying and analysing targeted needs and competences that are required by the labour market for specific use cases and jobs from several fields of the agricultural sector
- Transferring and adapting the generic WACOM competence model to the AGRICOM competence model (ACM) allowing more agricultural use cases
- Pilot-testing the ACM to the jobs specialisations related to agricultural uses of water resources (irrigation, hydroponics, etc.)
- Establishing the AGRICOM online community for communication, moderated discussions and exchange of project results, experiences and expertise on competence modelling for vocational education and training in the agricultural sector,
- Establishing the AGRICOM web portal and populating it with more agricultural use cases,
- Enhancing the transparency of the job profiles in the agricultural sector,
- Supporting the conjunction of vocational education and training with the labour market and jobs specialisations.
The main long-term objective and addressed impact is the introduction of competence modelling to the agricultural sector in order to develop a first Agriculture Competence Model as well as to strengthen the transparency and comparability of VET opportunities through the transfer of WCM and the adaptation of ECVET and EQF.
More information about AGRICOM online: