Tech Startup Recruiter Roundtable for Job Seekers
Thursday, June 27, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
When & Where
NY CAREER MEETUP
NY Career Meetup connects job seekers with Managers and Employers who make hiring decisions through its events.The group connects job seekers and Recruiters, Hiring managers and Employers and gives them a chance to know about employment opportunities and gather information about companies/ individuals who are currently hiring for both part time and full time positions.
The group gives job seekers best opportunity to make connections face to face with Managers and Employers.NY Career Meetup and its events allow the opportunity for both parties to check possibilities for prospective employment.
NY Career Meetup provides great opportunity for Job search networking Or Career Networking.60% of all jobs are found by networking. It's true, some of the best jobs are never advertised. Many are filled by successful job seekers who networked with the right people and got the job before it was ever advertised. Employers love referrals and first look to tap their own workers for people they know that can fill open positions. It's cheaper and provides for more quality employees. People do business primarily with people they know and like. Resumes and cover letters alone are often too impersonal to convince employers to hire. Networking makes you a recommended member of a much smaller pool. Networking leads to information and job leads, often before a formal job description is created or a job is announced. There is more to successful networking than just talking to your friends. To be a successful networker you must have as many contacts as possible hear your pitch and understand that you are in the job market.
The group is for Job Seekers:
1) Connect with the Recruiters, Hiring managers and Employers who make the real hiring decision.
2) Learn about the companies who are hiring for full time positions and what kind of jobs are out there.
3) At group events meet Recruiters, Hiring managers and Employers face to face and discuss questions and concerns.Meet photographers who are looking for models, website builder who needs web-disgners etc
4) Make a great first impression on the manager and get in the circle of recommended candidates which is a much smaller pool from the candidates who are serious.
The group is for Managers and Employers;
1) Through NY Career Meetup network meet High-quality professionals at each event. The group helps in connecting companies with professionals who may not have otherwise known about the opportunities that it has to offer.
2) Meet professionals in Person; Going over resumes, scheduling interviews and the actual interview process is very time-consuming. Group events will gives Managers and Employers the opportunity to meet a large number of professionals in person and even conduct one on one session. This makes it easy to quickly weed out individuals whose background and personalities might be a good fit.
3)Publicity for Company The group and its events enable Recruiters, Hiring managers and Employers to publicize their company to other group members and promote it at group's events.
4) Saves Money; The group events helps you meet the right professional the first time thereby reducing the HR, marketing and other overhead costs.
Job Search Networking / Career Networking Tips
1) Make an impression quickly when you first meet someone and try and get your story across before the conversation ends.
2) Create an inventory of your accomplishments, including your educational background and work history, to keep at hand should a chance encounter become a contact.
3) Make a list of the assets you will bring as a prospective employer at the group events
4) Bring resume, business card and a pen.Write some notes so you'll remember the details on who you have just met on the business cards you collect or in a notebook
5) Try to get a business card, phone number, setup a future lunch, etc., Basically, some method of future contact or follow-up so that you can develop this further.
Having a strong and stable Career is a important aspect of successful and happy life. NYC is a best place that gives opportunities to learn and grown your talent in million quick ways and get that dream job.This meetup groups helps you get the opportunity you really want and deserve.
You could be a Lawyer,Artist,Designer, Banker,Teacher, IT professional etc at any point in your life. We all could use some quality professional help when it comes to career.
This group is for those who have either just started looking or been pounding the pavement for months. Come join a safe environment that allows you to get motivated. When you’re going through any change, it’s important to have a support network that’s with you. This group will allow you to find support, get ideas, and be inspired to work towards your professional dreams. Take the first step and join today. We will help connect to right people and teach the right skills required to enhance your career.We are a group dedicated to helping break into the industry, move within the industry, or improve the current outlook of your job.
This group will educate you through workshops and speakers on resume revisions, interviewing skills,professional networking, career networking techniques, and industry research tools. You’ll be able to exchange tips and questions with others.The meetups will cover current trends in the local job market, as well as where to search for jobs. This is a forum for job seekers to expand their networks, learn secrets from top HR managers and recruiters, and secure new opportunities.
Come and Introduce yourself to others in the industry while enjoying some casual conversations, a drink, and a brief informative discussion of the the topic of the night.
Find out what your are really worth on the street,Wall Street Or Main Street, stop being underpaid.
Our world is changing and the way we look for jobs and market ourselves must change as well.In today's tough job market, job seekers must maximize the use of their available resources. You have the skills, talent and passion - through this meet up you and others will be able to harness the power of an effective career networking toward a common goal - new and better opportunities!
Join us on FB
NY Career Meetup