DV CARES: Introduction to Effects on Children Who Witness Domestic Violence
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
When & Where
Intimate Partner Violence Advocate Certification (IPVA)
A Partnership for Change (APFC)
IPVA - Intimate Partner Violence Advocate Certification Program
The Intimate Partner Violence Advocate (IPVA) Certification Program is an in-depth and unique five-part certification series that is endorsed by New Jersey Division on Women (DOW) and is valuable to anyone who provides advocacy and support to families through social services, the schools, the healthcare system, the criminal justice system or anyone who is interested in understanding domestic violence/dating abuse and playing a role in breaking the cycle.
IPVA has been offered in central New Jersey since 2009.
- IPVA is endorsed by New Jersey Division on Women (DOW)
- All five classes are required for the IPVA Certification, but classes can be taken individually.
- Nurses can obtain 6 contact hours and Social Workers can acquire 5.5 non-clinical continuing education credits for select classes.(see class description where applicable)
- Attendees can obtain three (3) Domestic Violence Specialist (DVS) credits for ALL classes.
- Attendance for the entire class is required for credits.
- Classes are held in New Brunswick at PCA-NJ's training facility on Church Street.
Classes developed and presented by A Partnership for Change Allison Bressler, MA and/or Gloria Sgrizzi Co-Founders and Co-Directors