Hack4Europe! 2012 - Warsaw, Poland
Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM (CEST)
When & Where
National Audiovisual Institute & Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center
National Audiovisual Institute: http://www.nina.gov.pl/
The National Audiovisual Institute (NInA) was created on April 1st 2009 by the Polish minister of culture and national heritage who reestablished the institution from a publishing house launched in 2005 (as Polish Audiovisual Publishers).
NInA set up with the objective of digitisation and promotion of Polish audiovisual heritage including publishing, production and registration, media education and artistic events. NInA’s mission is also conducted through events (festivals, concerts, conferences and exhibitions) which stimulate Poland’s cultural landscape.
Between 1 July and 31 December 2011, Poland held the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. For many years, culture has been a vital element in the activities promoting Poland in the European Union, hence cultural institutions started taking an active part in the preparations for the first Polish Presidency. With the decision of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage, the National Audiovisual Institute has been entrusted with the task of designing and implementing the Cultural Programme – Polish EU Presidency 2011 – by coordinating national artistic events and presenting the key element, the European Culture Congress in Wrocław on 8-11 September 2011.
Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center: http://www.man.poznan.pl/online/en/
Since 1993 integrating and developing the information infrastructure for science has been the mission of Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC) affiliated with the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry at the Polish Academy of Sciences. PSNC is the leader in implementing innovative technologies for the national scientific network POL-34/155/622, at present in the network PIONIER – Polish Optical Internet.
PSNC is multifunctional:
- providing computing power and archive systems,
- providing the Internet and network services on international, domestic and local levels
- research and development center for new generation computer networks, modern applications, portals, parallel and distributed computing as well as network and system security
- integration and implementation of scientific research results via developing services for public administration, healthcare, education and the social area,
- computing center in the metacomputing environment
- promotion center for cutting edge information structures: networking and calculating.
Moreover PSNC acts as:
- the operator of the metropolitan area network POZMAN
- the operator of the domestic network PIONIER (Polish Optical Internet) .