The Internet of Things
Thursday, March 22, 2012 from 12:30 PM to 1:15 PM (GMT)
Belfast, United Kingdom
When & Where
Momentum - The Voice of the Digital Sector
Momentum is the trade association for the ICT industry in Northern Ireland and draws its membership from the majority of ICT businesses here. It was established to represent those with a common interest in promoting and developing the industry both locally and internationally.
Northern Ireland has the best record of any UK region in creating jobs and reducing unemployment. The majority of new jobs have been in knowledge industries particularly ICT including software development, software testing and funds administration.
- Momentum member companies generate an estimated £344 million for the Northern Ireland economy.
- Momentum NI represents more than 250 businesses employing 15,000 people. This is the Information Age and our members are leaders in the Information Communications and Technology Industry (ICT).
- The Northern Ireland Executive has indicated that growth of the ICT industry is a top priority. There is a clear potential for expansion within Northern Ireland and opportunities for international development.
- ICT will play an increasingly important role in education and learning, health, communities and business and Momentum will be there to support the interests of our members and the industry in general.
What We Do
Momentum's dedicated team works in collaboration with a Board drawn from member companies. Our aim is to deliver a wide range of services. We organise an extensive programme aimed at improving the competitiveness and excellence of ICT companies.
- Momentum represents the ICT industry at all levels of government.
- Momentum organises conferences and seminars to help companies keep pace with technology.
- Members network with peers and keep in touch through Open Evenings, Breakfast Briefings, Networking Dinners and Special Interest Groups.
- The Momentum e-zine also keeps our members and associates informed on who, what where, when and why in the world of ICT.
- Momentum’s Annual Industry Survey acts as a benchmark, analysing growth, employment, revenues, export levels and salaries.
- Momentum is dedicated to identifying ways to keep the supply of trained people greater than the demand.
- Momentum is part of the Future Skills Action Group which links the industry with educational institutions and government to ensure we have a knowledgeable and skilled future workforce.
With 18 years experience representing the ICT Sector and with such a broad and representative membership Momentum is uniquely placed to represent the privates sector’s contribution to the successful development of the ICT sector in Northern Ireland.