Hosting a webinar? Eventbrite offers a host of customization opportunities that can make webinar registration a breeze. Optimize your event setup by following these recommended best practices:
- Set expectations and foster excitement Provide a brief description of your webinar on the event page. From a basic overview to specific date/time and contact details, lay everything out clearly in Step 3, the Event Details section. Don’t be afriad to infuse your page with personality by inserting video, speaker photo(s) and bio(s) into this space.
- Mark event as “online” in Step 5 Select “Online event” from the location dropdown window. No need to confuse users with a land location when you’ll be communicating through the Web. Learn how
- Stay “green”: Disable PDF tickets Chances are you won’t want attendees printing out tickets for a webinar. So go ahead and un-check the PDF ticket option boxes on the Edit Order Confirmations page. Learn how
- Deliver access Allow the webinar log-in details to be automatically sent to attendees upon successful registration. To ensure that users receive these details, you can insert the information into their Order Confirmations. Learn how
- Encourage a “packed house” Remind attendees when and how they should log in to the webinar by sending out an email prior to the event. If there are software requirements (mandatory download, preferred browser, etc.) make sure to clarify these details within the message. Learn how
- Prepare for the “what ifs” Offer a phone-in alternative to act as both a solid backup plan and a welcome alternative for less tech-savvy users. Also, supply a phone number and/or email address that attendees can use to contact you with any urgent questions.
- Keep your audience engaged Send a follow-up message to attendees while they are still bathing in the event afterglow. Link to supplementary information like presentation slides and useful websites. This is your chance to deliver a powerful takeaway. Learn how
Want to see it all in action? Check out this helpful tutorial put together by our support team. Good luck with your next webinar!